Here’s a brief walk through on how to import data from a text file and create an Excel spreadsheet with the data in it.
1. Open Excel
2. Click on the Import button or go to File—>Import
3. Click the Text File option.
4. Click Import—> Choose the text file with the information
5. Click the Get Data button
6. Step one of the Import Wizard–Under Original Data type, choose Fixed Width.
7. Click next
8. Step two-Drag the lines to match up with your data (you should not have to move any lines). Click Next.
9. Step three- Under Column Data format, choose Text. Choose new spreadsheet file.
10. Click Finish