A co-worker today had a question about embedding an Excel spreadsheet into a Word document file. I looked into it and came up with these steps. The following steps will embed the spreadsheet into the Word document, plus anytime you update the spreadsheet, those changes will be reflected in the Word doc. Here’s the steps:
- Open the Excel spreadsheet
- Select the cells you want to be embedded
- Click the Copy button
- Switch to the Word document
- Click the insertion point on the Word doc where you want the spreadsheet to be
- Click Edit, Paste Special.
- Select Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object.
- On the left hand side of the Paste Special box, choose the Paste Link radio button (make sure your Excel Spreadsheet is closed at this time)
- Click Ok.