1. Open up Thunderbird on your computer by double clicking the Thunderbird icon .
2. Highlight an email message you would like to keep locally on your machine (you will not able to access these emails from another computer).
3. Click and drag the highlighted email message to your Local Folders
on the left side near the bottom of the window .
4. To create a new local folder in order or organize your local email files, right click on Local Folders.
6. A drop down menu will appear for your new local folder. Enter a name for you new folder
7. Click the OK button when finished. You can now drag and drop your email messages into your new local folder.