Recently John LeMasney brought the amazing web application TokBox to my attention. What does TokBox do? Well you can chat via live video with anybody. All you need to do is sign for an account and give the other person your TokBox link. You can also send video mail through TokBox. You can check on online via the Tokbox site or receive an email. This application is free and web based, no need to download anything! The quality was good when we tested it out. To sign up for an account, go here: http://www.tokbox.com/
Here is a brief tutorial to sign up for TokBox:
1. Go to http://www.tokbox.com/
2. Enter your first name, last name, email, and password.
3. Click the Start Now button.
Once you received a confirmation email, you can share your link with others to chat with them.
To send a video or voice message:
1. Click on the Click to Start button inside the black screen.
2. You will be asked if TokBox can have access to your video camera and microphone.
3. Click Allow for video and audio (you may be recorded), click Deny for just audio.
4. You can either call your Yahoo! Messenger, MSN Messenger, or AIM buddies OR you can send them your TokBox link.
* At the bottom, there are buttons for embedding TokBox into HTML, sending video mail, or inviting your friends.
This is a great tool that has limitless possibilities. Check it out today!