Here’s a brief tutorial on how to set up a sftp connection on an open source ftp client for Mac OS X.
1. Download Cyberduck for Mac OS X at http://cyberduck.ch/.
2. Install Cyberduck.
3. Open Cyberduck and click on the Bookmarks icon.
4. Click on the plus sign at the bottom of the Bookmarks panel.
5. For Nickname, type the name of the server you are transferring your files to (www.yourdomain.com for example).
6. For protocol, choose SFTP (SSH Secure File Transfer) from the drop down.
7. For server, type in the name of the server you are transferring files to (received this information from web administrator, example- http://www.yourdomain.com).
8. Type in 22 for Port.
9. Enter your user name (received this information from web administrator).
10. Double click on the bookmark to connect.
*If you are a more advanced user, you can click on More Options when setting up your account. You can also edit you account by clicking the pencil icon to change settings. Under more options, you can choose a path, or change where you want to download files from the server onto your computer.